Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thursday, May 5th Maysa (one of my favorite women on earth) organized a thank you luncheon for the Women Of Wasatch Presbytarian Church. Women from the congregation that bought Qurans to have distributed at bookstores with a bookmark saying they were not afraid of truth wherever it can be found.
It was short notice so only a few of us were able to attend, however it was really a great experience. I wish I had been better prepared, I didn't get any one's email our give mine out. We did decide we would do this again so I suppose I can do it next time. I didn't realize it was going to be so well documented by the media. I thought there was going to be something about the Women's meeting since there was a photographer and writer at the last meeting. I'm glad it was so well covered, it will get us out there and we can begin a good relationship with the other people of faith who have made a gesture of peace towards us. I am so excited and so happy to see something wonderful beginning!
Here is a link to that article:
www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51761532-78/muslim-women-quran-church.html.csp

No comments:

Post a Comment